Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lamb and Eggs




When I was 10 years old, after spending a morning of watching cartoons, I went scrounging in the kitchen for something to eat. Home alone like Macaulay Culkin, I was free to do a little experimentation. Earlier that Spring I had fallen in love with lamb loin chops cooked on the grill, and steak and eggs was(and is) my favorite breakfast, so I decided to combine the two. As I was flipping the chops my Dad came home.

--"Are you cooking?" he said.
--"Yup"
--"Is that Lamb? And eggs?"
--"Yup"
-- What 10 year old makes lamb chops and eggs for breakfast?"

A legend was born. My commitment to lamb in the morning had begun.

A couple Saturdays ago I picked up a few lamb chops at a nameless Armenian butcher shop in East Hollywood. They came pre-seasoned and were great deal at $5.99lb. Fry a couple eggs over easy and you have one hearty and unique breakfast. You know how good it is to dip steak into a runny yolk, next time try lamb.

No comments: